Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.

Quartus path fails to compile BaseKit-sample on oneAPI&OpenCL

JRome28
Novice

Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile the vector_add example from BaseKit_code_samples and I am getting an error related to the Quartus path.

-What I have done:

~/BaseKit-code-samples/DPC++Compiler/vector-add$ qsub -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2 -d . build_fpga_hw.sh

-build_fpga_hw.sh contains:

#!/bin/bash
source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh
make hw -f Makefile.fpga

-I am getting the following error:

aoc: Quartus is not on the path!
aoc: Is it installed on your system and quartus bin directory added to PATH environment variable?
/home/u36780/tmp/vector-add-5577cc.o: file not recognized: File truncated
clang++: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [vector-add.fpga] Error 1
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/epilogue.parallel: line 12: /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/epilogue.d//95-nvdir.epilogue: Permission denied

I have tried to manually set the environment variables of quartus adding the following line in build_fpga_hw.sh:(I have tried all the versions contained in that folder)

source /glob/development-tools/versions/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/init_quartus.sh

But I got another error related to quartus:

: :setvars has already been run. Skipping any further invocation.  To force its re-execution, pass --force

dpcpp  -fintelfpga a.o -o vector-add.fpga -Xshardware
 aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete.  Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets.
Error (18640): The Quartus Partition Database File '/home/u36780/tmp/a-f8684f/build/dcp.qdb' was generated using version 'Version 17.1.1 Build 273 12/19/2017 SJ Pro Edition', which cannot be read by the c$ 
Error (19296): Cannot load none snapshot - ensure the design has been compiled through all earlier stages. Error (19829): dcp.qdb cannot be assigned. The dcp.qdb file is missing Partial Reconfiguration or Reserved Core subpartitions and assigned to the root partition. In order to assign a QDB file to the root $ 
Error (18640): The Quartus Partition Database File '/home/u36780/tmp/a-f8684f/build/bsp_interface.qdb' was generated using version 'Version 17.1.1 Build 273 12/19/2017 SJ Pro Edition', which cannot be rea$ 
Error: Flow failed: Error (23035): Tcl error: 
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script compile_script.tcl unsuccessful 
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings 
Error (23035): Tcl error: Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script build/entry.tcl unsuccessful 
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings Makefile.fpga:17: recipe for target 'vector-add.fpga' failed

I thought that maybe the error was related to the oneAPI layer, so I tried to compile the same example from the OpenCL examples, but unfortunately, I found the same error: 

For both oneAPI & OpenCL I have tried in fpga_complie node, fpga_runtime and interative mode. Any options gave me the same error.

Basic compilation:

~/examples_aoc/vector_add/device$ aoc -v -board=pac_a10 vector_add.cl -o vector_add.aocx
aoc: Environment checks completed successfully.
aoc: Quartus is not on the path!
aoc: Is it installed on your system and quartus bin directory added to PATH environment variable?

Adding quartus environment variable:

~/examples_aoc/vector_add/device$ source /glob/development-tools/versions/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/init_quartus.sh

~/examples_aoc/vector_add/device$ aoc -v -board=pac_a10 vector_add.cl -o vector_add.aocx
aoc: Environment checks completed successfully.
aoc: Cached files in /var/tmp/aocl/ may be used to reduce compilation time
You are now compiling the full flow!!
aoc: Selected target board pac_a10
aoc: Running OpenCL parser....
aoc: OpenCL parser completed 
aoc: Linking Object files....
aoc: Optimizing and doing static analysis of code...
Compiler Warning: vector_add.cl:23: declaring global arguments 'x' and 'y' with no 'restrict' may lead to low performance for kernel 'vector_add'
aoc: Linking with IP library ...
aoc: Checking if memory usage is larger than 100%...
aoc: Memory usage is not above 100.
aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully.
aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete.  Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets.  If the reports indicate performance targets are not being met, code edits may be required.  Please refer to the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Best Practices Guide for information on performance tuning applications for FPGAs.
Error (18640): The Quartus Partition Database File '/home/u36780/examples_aoc/vector_add/device/vector_add/build/dcp.qdb' was generated using version 'Version 17.1.1 Build 273 12/19/2017 SJ Pro Edition', which cannot be read by the current version of the Quartus Prime software. Regenerate '/home/u36780/examples_aoc/vector_add/device/vector_add/build/dcp.qdb' using the current version of the Quartus Prime Software.
Error (19296): Cannot load none snapshot - ensure the design has been compiled through all earlier stages.
Error (19829): dcp.qdb cannot be assigned. The dcp.qdb file is missing Partial Reconfiguration or Reserved Core subpartitions and assigned to the root partition. In order to assign a QDB file to the root partition, it must be created from a design using Partial Reconfiguration or Reserved Core subpartitions. To correct this error, ensure that the creation and assignment of the QDB is correct.
Error (18640): The Quartus Partition Database File '/home/u36780/examples_aoc/vector_add/device/vector_add/build/bsp_interface.qdb' was generated using version 'Version 17.1.1 Build 273 12/19/2017 SJ Pro Edition', which cannot be read by the current version of the Quartus Prime software. Regenerate '/home/u36780/examples_aoc/vector_add/device/vector_add/build/bsp_interface.qdb' using the current version of the Quartus Prime Software.
Error: Flow failed: 
Error (23035): Tcl error: 
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script compile_script.tcl unsuccessful
Error (23035): Tcl error: 
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script build/entry.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

Does anyone have any clue about how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

FPGA issues are not handled here. Please ask your question in the Intel® High Level Design Forum.

-Rahul

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi Jose Carlos Romero Moreno,

Some of Intel's FPGA software development stakeholders would like to follow up with you about your FPGA development interests. Would you be OK with some private messages and email follow up so we can learn more about your project or interest? It's also desired to learn more about your original issue if you still face it.

Thanks,

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
JRome28
Novice

Hi Michael, thanks for your response.

I attach you mi email: *edit* removed for privacy */edit*. Please you can put in copy my supervisor's email: *edit* removed for privacy */edit*  and we three can discuss about anything you are interested.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi Jose Carlos,

Thanks for getting back to us.

One of our principal stakeholders has sent you both mail. I've removed the email addresses from your post in the interest of avoiding webcrawlers and email privacy. Looking forward to your feedback.

Casual forum viewers: Forum moderators have the ability to send private messages through the forum to registered authors. Posting email addresses for private correspondence should not be necessary.

Thank you,

-MichaelC

0 Kudos