Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
417 Discussions

Running examples from the book DPC++ book

glennzo
Beginner

I had been struggling with the dpcpp compiler trying to run the examples from the book Data Parallel C++ and have finally resolved it.  

To run the examples on an intel 630 HD graphics gpu, at least, I needed to do three things.

1.  use the -Qstd=c++17  switch for the compiler.

2.  Add the user variable SYCL_BE_=PI_OPENCL

3.  Add the user variable SYCL_PROGRAM_COMPILE_OPTIONS=  I just made this a space and it

worked.

There seems to be a lot of flux between the SYCL standard, header file rearrangements and the like so that the github samples do not work on the c++20 version of the compiler.

I stumbled upon the environment variables reading the Explicit SIMD extension (though it turns out that you don't have to do special coding).  In fact the sample they provided utterly failed.

So if anyone has the Intel UHD 600 graphics or above GPU, then doing what I suggest above will alleviate a lot of problems until Intel and the contributors to the standard on GitHub settle down and mesh with each other.  It literally took me days to come across what I needed to do.  Thank goodness I am retired.  

Enjoy and spread the word.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Thanks for sharing the details.

Yes, we tried the same thing on Intel(R) UHD Graphics P630 and Intel(R) UHD Graphics P620 device's and its working.

Could you please provide us some more details regarding the sample on which you are working and also provide the the steps you followed to compile that sample and share the error logs, so that we can work it from our end.

Thanks & Regards

Noorjahan

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Could you please confirm whether your issue is resolved. If not please provide the above mentioned details.

Thanks & Regards

Noorjahan

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks & Regards

Noorjahan

0 Kudos