Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Running the command line C++ compiler/linker

eldiener
New Contributor I

I am interested in running the icx compiler/linker from the command line. The only information on this I have been able to find is some convoluted stuff about using some Visual Studio tools and some sort of command-line menu-based system for creating a project or running samples. Surely there must be some way of just setting up the environment to run the icx compiler from the command line and then running the icx command. But the entire "Get Started" page does not mention this at all, nor do I see links on this page to any documentation which mentions this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Edward,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

>> the entire "Get Started" page does not mention this at all, nor do I see links on this page to any documentation which mentions this.

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I will make sure that it reaches the concerned internal team.

As your issue is resolved, could you please let us know if we can close this thread from our end?

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eldiener
New Contributor I

Never mind ! I found this information for running the compiler from the command line at https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-dpcpp-cpp-compiler-dev-guide-and-reference/top.html. Why the Getting Started guide has absolutely no information or links about running the compiler from the command line is something only Intel can possibly understand.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Edward,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

>> the entire "Get Started" page does not mention this at all, nor do I see links on this page to any documentation which mentions this.

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I will make sure that it reaches the concerned internal team.

As your issue is resolved, could you please let us know if we can close this thread from our end?

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the confirmation!

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. 

If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos