Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Solution for using Intel oneAPI on CentOS 6.x

Libin
Beginner

I was using Intel Parallel Studio under student-related licences. After the last license expired, I knew the free suite becomes the Intel oneAPI. I am thankful and happy to use it.

However, the Operating System I am using is CentOS 6.6 which is running on clusters of our institution. I am aware that the newly introduced oneAPI requires newer CentOS version like CentOS 8. The problem is the Operating System on the clusters could not be upgraded.

So, I wonder is there any solution to enable using Intel oenAPI on older linux.

UPDATE

After I installed the Intel oneAPI, particularly the oneAPI Basekit and oneAPI HPCkit, I set the enviroment in shell by source setvars.sh. Then I tested it by issue a simple command ifort -V which gave the following complaints:

ifort: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ifort)

I assumed it was a OS-incompatible issue, so installed the glibc-2.14 library as a non-system library and added the library path into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. Then the ifort -V command succeeded and printed out the following message:

Intel(R) C Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 2021.4.0 Build 20210910_000000 
Copyright (C) 1985-2021 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Then I tried to compile a simple hello world program, the new error came out as

ld:<oneAPI>/compiler/2021.4.0/linux/bin/intel64/../../bin/intel64/../../lib/icx-lto.so: error loading plugin: <glibc-2.14>/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by <oneAPI>/compiler/2021.4.0/linux/bin/intel64/../../bin/intel64/../../lib/icx-lto.so)

<oneAPI>: the installed directory of the Intel oneAPI

<glibc-2.14>: the installed directory of glibc-2.14

I having been attempting to work it out and appreciate further suggestions.

By the way, How can we add inline code in the community post?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>"So, I wonder is there any solution to enable using Intel oneAPI on older linux."

We will check with the internal team and get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth.

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We can see that Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit supports CentOS versions 7&8 along with other OS versions. For more information refer to the below link. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/intel-oneapi-base-toolkit-system-requirements.html

>>>>I wonder is there any solution to enable using Intel oneAPI on older linux.

Unfortunately, we couldn't provide any support for CentOS versions which are older than 7 &8.

Could you please let us know whether you have any other issues? If not, could you please confirm whether to close this issue from our end?

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know whether you have any other issues? If not, could you please confirm whether to close this issue from our end?

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos