Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Student license for parallel studio xe 2020

aru123
Novice

Hello,

I am a student, and I was using Parallel studio for my work. Now the license has expired. But I am not getting how to reapply for the license. When i try to download the recent version (update 4, 2020), it is showing no access without renewal of license. 

If anyone knows how to get the new license then please let me know.

6 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As this is a licensing issue, could you please raise a ticket on online service center they would be able to provide you immediate support on this issue. You can reach the online service center at the below URL.

Online Service Center (intel.com) or Priority Support (intel.com)

We are closing this thread and will no monitor this thread. Please raise a new thread for any further queries.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

But you posted a link  to priority support and OP said they needed a new student licence and student licence does not give access to priority support. Then you say you are going to close the thread and not monitor it. Is this Intel's way of defacto removing student licences?

0 Kudos
MichaelYuan
Beginner

Hi there,

I also encounter the same problem. Do you already solved it? If so, please help me.

aru123
Novice

Hii,

My colleague actually helped me register for the product. However, the link he provided is not showing the student license application page. I am posting the link below. Check if it is working for you 

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/parallel-studio-xe/choose-download/student-linux.html

0 Kudos
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

Thanks for the helpful comment. I think that is the link I used to download the software. I don't want to rush into installing it until I understand 1) the process to register a student licence and 2) whether I can get a new student licence for parallel studio because my most preferred option is not to upgrade and I get a warning that installing the oneAPI HPC will kill my current compilers. installs Do you remember what was involved in registering for a student licence? As I said I installed the oneAPI base and that hasn't asked for a serial number so I'm wondering if maybe it registered me for a student licence automatically as I was logged in. But if that's the case license are being handled very differently for oneAPI than parallel studio.

0 Kudos
aru123
Novice

Hii,

As I said, my colleague registered the product for me using my email address. Unfortunately, he can't even access the same page on which he did the registration process for me. I think some serious problem is there from the intel side. 

During the registration, they asked for details about the college, email, country, etc. (see the attachment).

The installation process is the same as before, i.e., it will ask you for the serial number for activation.

0 Kudos