Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.

Unable to migrate Cuda API's

Karangula
Beginner

Hii,

I have working been working on Intel oneAPI from beta-06, when I have gone through few applications, I am unable to migrate below Cuda API's using dpct and facing the below mentioned warning.

warning: DPCT1007:3: Migration of this CUDA API is not supported by the Intel(R) DPC++ Compatibility Tool.

cufftPlanMany

cufftSetStream

cufftDestroy

cuErrorCheck
mycufftExecC2R

_threadfence

curand_init

curand_normal

curand_uniform

_ldg

curand_uniform_double

cudaProfilerStart

cudaProfilerStop

curand_normal_double

cuGetErrorString

cuPointerGetAttributes

cudaMemcpyDefault

cudaLaunchKernel

cuGetErrorName

cuEventQuery

cuEventRecord

cuStreamWaitEvent

cuStreamSynchronize

cuEventSynchronize

cuCtxSynchronize

_syncwarp

Can we find any replacement for the above Cuda API's , so that it can be migrated using dpct?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please try using the latest Intel OneAPI Basekit ie beta-09.

The latest release has started to support most of the API (some partially) that you have mentioned like curand, cufft, etc.

DPC++ has its own mechanism to handle errors, so I will suggest you use the dpc++ error handling technique in such cases.

Please refer to the below links for more details.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-programming-guide/top/oneapi-programming-model/kernel-programming-model/error-handling.html

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-toolkit-release-notes.html

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Please give us an update on the details.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you, so we are assuming that the provided details helped you in solving your issue. We will no longer monitor this thread.

Please post a new thread if you have any other issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos