Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

Using oneCCL API with SYCL Level Zero backend without DPC++

sogartar
Beginner

I have oneCCL prebuilt and I want to use it. I don't want to compile my binary with DPC++. Is this possible?

oneCCL seem to require DPC++ even when you just use it. In config.h there is this

#if defined(SYCL_LANGUAGE_VERSION) && defined (__INTEL_LLVM_COMPILER)
#define CCL_ENABLE_SYCL
#define CCL_ENABLE_ZE
#endif

These defines then drive the availability of the SYCL backend in the oneCCL API. Is DPC++ really necessary?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

As mentioned in the Intel® oneAPI Collective Communications Library System Requirements, is required to have Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler 2021.1 or higher and DPC++ Runtime 2021.1 or higher.

So, you can't use CLANG or GCC alone to use oneCCL.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Intel forums.

>>"I don't want to compile my binary with DPC++. Is this possible?"

Yes, you can use the ICPX compiler instead of the DPC++ compiler.

If it doesn't work, then please provide us with the sample reproducer code & the steps to reproduce the issue from our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
sogartar
Beginner

I want to use it with GCC or clang. I am pretty sure that __INTEL_LLVM_COMPILER would not be defined there.

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

As mentioned in the Intel® oneAPI Collective Communications Library System Requirements, is required to have Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler 2021.1 or higher and DPC++ Runtime 2021.1 or higher.

So, you can't use CLANG or GCC alone to use oneCCL.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos