Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for core tools and libraries to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
338 Discussions

Using oneCCL API with SYCL Level Zero backend without DPC++

sogartar
Beginner

I have oneCCL prebuilt and I want to use it. I don't want to compile my binary with DPC++. Is this possible?

oneCCL seem to require DPC++ even when you just use it. In config.h there is this

#if defined(SYCL_LANGUAGE_VERSION) && defined (__INTEL_LLVM_COMPILER)
#define CCL_ENABLE_SYCL
#define CCL_ENABLE_ZE
#endif

These defines then drive the availability of the SYCL backend in the oneCCL API. Is DPC++ really necessary?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

As mentioned in the Intel® oneAPI Collective Communications Library System Requirements, is required to have Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler 2021.1 or higher and DPC++ Runtime 2021.1 or higher.

So, you can't use CLANG or GCC alone to use oneCCL.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Intel forums.

>>"I don't want to compile my binary with DPC++. Is this possible?"

Yes, you can use the ICPX compiler instead of the DPC++ compiler.

If it doesn't work, then please provide us with the sample reproducer code & the steps to reproduce the issue from our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

sogartar
Beginner

I want to use it with GCC or clang. I am pretty sure that __INTEL_LLVM_COMPILER would not be defined there.

SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

As mentioned in the Intel® oneAPI Collective Communications Library System Requirements, is required to have Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler 2021.1 or higher and DPC++ Runtime 2021.1 or higher.

So, you can't use CLANG or GCC alone to use oneCCL.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh