Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

intersection points of two cubic BEZIER curves

gstoilov
Beginner

Hi,

I am looking for solution for finding of intersection points of two cubic BEZIER curves (segments) and cubic and linear segments too.

May anybody point to me which functions I need, please?

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

Georgi, I am not exactly sure, but please check the what NAG library suggests.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This forum is intended to address the issues like Installation of oneAPI Toolkits, issues or Errors faced when executing/compiling the DPC++ source code.

Could you please let us know the exact issue which you are facing? Are you using any Intel oneAPI Products?

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
gstoilov
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

Sorry, I did not find other software forum.

The question is not about the installation. The package (MKL,TBB,..) is working fine.

Now I am using program written in c++ for finding intersection of linear segment and Bezier curve segment.

For example: Inside the program a function for solving equation of power 3 for one variable is used.

F(x)=ax3+bx2+cx+d

I can’t understand which function from oneAPI ( MKL,TBB,IPP) to use for this purpose to accelerate the calculations.

I need to find and intersection point of two Bezier curves and expected that this problem is solved by one or more functions from oneAPI.

The question is which are they?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Georgi,

neither MKL, TBB or IPP provides support for such kinds of computations. 

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Georgi,

Since neither MKL, TBB or IPP provides support for such kinds of computations. We are marking this thread as a community thread, so that other community people can pitch in their ideas and help you in resolving your issue.

We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Georgi, I am not exactly sure, but please check the what NAG library suggests.