Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

libiomp5md.dll and runtime dependency

Piotr_Wendykier
Beginner

Versions 5.0.2021.428 and 5.0.2021.804 have a runtime dependency (VCRUNTIME140.dll) while version 5.0.2020.504 does not.

Is this expected?

Is it possible to get the latest version of this file without the runtime dependency?

Thank you,

Piotr

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are working on your issue internally and will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Varsha

0 Kudos
Jon_D
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am having a similar issue. I am trying to upgrade an older Fortran DLL project which uses OpenMP. The DLL is being called from a C# code. Regardless of the folder I place libiomp5md.dll (system32, folder where the executable is located, etc) I am getting DLL not found error. Turning off the OpenMP conditional compilation leads to a successful run so I know that the issue is libiomp5md.dll not being found. DUMPBIN tells me that libiomp5md.dll depends on (aside from kernel32.dll and vcruntime140.dll) api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll and several other similarly named (api-ms-win-crt-***.dll) dlls. Interestingly, I can't find any such dlls on my machine but a stand-alone Fortran OpenMP .exe project runs without any issues.

Could you please advise? I am using classic Fortran 2021.3.0 (32bit version).

Thank you,

Jon

0 Kudos
Varsha_M_Intel
Employee

Could you provide more context - why would you want to get libiomp5md.dll without runtime dependency (VCRUNTIME140.dll)? Can user just install VCRUNTIME140.dll together with libiomp5md.dll?

0 Kudos
Piotr_Wendykier
Beginner

A user cannot install VCRUNTIME140.dll. I need libiomp5md.dll without this dependency.

0 Kudos
Varsha_M_Intel
Employee

To workaround this problem, you could install form Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

0 Kudos