Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit
Support for the core tools and libraries within the base toolkit that are used to build and deploy high-performance data-centric applications.
419 Discussions

oneMKL 2023.1 integration with VisualStudio 2022 fails on clean computer

Luis62
Novice

When I installed oneMKL 2023.1 in my old computer over Visual Studio 2019 (wuth many old versions of oneMKL, MKL and Intel compilers previouly installed) akk worked fine: my c++ app compiles and runs correctly with oneMKL 2023.1 without any change.

But in my new computer, with Visual Studio 2022 and any intel product previouly installed, oneMKL 2023.1 installation doesn't integrates with VS2022: any 'Intel Libraries for oneAPI' group is created in compiler optiosn, and $(oneMKLIncludeDir), $(ineMKLOmpLibDir) are not defined.

So, with the same C++ app, many .h amd .lib are not found!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis62
Novice

Finaly, I've added manually the necessary header and lib paths for x86 and x64 configurations.

For example,

$(ONEAPI_ROOT)mkl\latest\include

or

$(ONEAPI_ROOT)mkl\latest\lib\intel64

$(ONEAPI_ROOT)compiler\latest\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win

I hope next revision I'll have more luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Luis,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please confirm if only the oneMKL-related directories are not defined or if other Intel products are not defined as well?

If other Intel products are not working as well, you could try repairing the Intel oneAPI toolkits by running the installer.exe file in the below path.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\Installer\installer.exe"

Please get back to us if this issue persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

Luis62
Novice

Hi, Praneeth Achanta,

oneMKL is the only Intel oneAPI product I've installed.

As you can see in next image, only $(ONEAPY_ROOT) is defined.

Repairing the installation has no effect.

VisualStudio 2022VisualStudio 2022

0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Luis,

>> with Visual Studio 2022 and any intel product previouly installed

It is recommended not to have multiple versions of oneMKL on the same system as it might lead to ambiguity while integrating oneAPI with Visual Studio. Could you please uninstall all oneAPI copies and perform a fresh install using the latest oneMKL available?

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

Luis62
Novice

Hi, Praneeth Achanta. Perhaps I didn't explain well:

1. oneMKL 2023.1 works fine in my old computer, with oneMKL 2022.0 previously installed (and many other old versions uninstalled) in Visual Studio 2019
  2. oneMKL 2023.1 fails in my very new computer with no intel products  of any kind never previously installed, with Visual Studio 2022
  3. In both computers I've also intalled the 32 bits version of oneMKL (with a custom installation of oneAPI Base Toolkit setup)
0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Luis,

Please see this link for the versions of Visual Studio Intel oneAPI is compatible with. If you are using an unsupported version of Visual Studio we suggest you use a version of Visual Studio which is compatible with Intel oneAPI.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

0 Kudos
Luis62
Novice

My version is:

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2022
Versión 17.5.4
VisualStudio.17.Release/17.5.4+33530.505
Microsoft .NET Framework
Versión 4.8.09032

Versión instalada: Enterprise

Visual C++ 2022 00476-80000-00000-AA851
Microsoft Visual C++ 2022

Adaptador de prueba para Boost.Test 1.0
Habilita las herramientas de prueba de Visual Studio con las pruebas unitarias escritas para Boost.Test. Los términos de uso y los avisos de terceros están disponibles en el directorio de instalación de la extensión.

Administrador de paquetes NuGet 6.5.0
Administrador de paquetes NuGet de Visual Studio. Para obtener más información acerca de NuGet, visite https://docs.nuget.org/

ASP.NET and Web Tools 17.5.318.41597
ASP.NET and Web Tools

Herramientas de Azure App Service v3.0.0 17.5.318.41597
Herramientas de Azure App Service v3.0.0

Herramientas de C# 4.5.2-3.23171.7+d17f741546fad2786cbd6394d08619544e53a36d
Los componentes de C# utilizados en el IDE. En función del tipo de proyecto y la configuración, se podría utilizar una versión diferente del compilador.

Herramientas de TypeScript 17.0.20105.2003
Herramientas de TypeScript para Microsoft Visual Studio

Herramientas de Visual Basic 4.5.2-3.23171.7+d17f741546fad2786cbd6394d08619544e53a36d
Los componentes de Visual Basic utilizados en el IDE. En función del tipo de proyecto y la configuración, se podría utilizar una versión diferente del compilador.

Herramientas de Visual F# 17.5.0-beta.23053.5+794b7c259d9646a7eb685dad865aa27da7940a21
Herramientas de Microsoft Visual F#

Microsoft JVM Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting the Visual Studio debugger to JDWP compatible Java Virtual Machines

Test Adapter para Google Test 1.0
Habilita las herramientas de prueba de Visual Studio con las pruebas unitarias escritas para Google Test. Los términos de uso y los avisos de terceros están disponibles en el directorio de instalación de la extensión.

Visual Studio IntelliCode 2.2
Desarrollo asistido por AI para Visual Studio.

0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Luis,

>> oneMKL 2023.1 fails in my very new computer with no intel products of any kind

We have tried installing Visual Studio 2022 17.5.4 (from this link) and Intel oneMKL 2023.1(from this link) on a new Windows system but could not see any integration issues. (Please see attached screenshot)

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Luis,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

0 Kudos
Luis62
Novice

Finaly, I've added manually the necessary header and lib paths for x86 and x64 configurations.

For example,

$(ONEAPI_ROOT)mkl\latest\include

or

$(ONEAPI_ROOT)mkl\latest\lib\intel64

$(ONEAPI_ROOT)compiler\latest\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win

I hope next revision I'll have more luck!

0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Luis,

Glad to know your issue was resolved. Please let us know if you need any additional information or if we could go ahead and close this thread at our end.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

0 Kudos
Luis62
Novice

Hi, 

As I've said, my solution is not the best one, but it works.

In next version I'll try it agin and I'll come back here to expose the result.

0 Kudos
PraneethA_Intel

Hi Luis,

Glad to know your solution is working. Thank you for sharing it with us.

>>In next version I'll try it agin and I'll come back here to expose the result.

If your issue persists in the next version please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks and Regards,

Praneeth Achanta

0 Kudos