Intel® oneAPI Data Analytics Library
Learn from community members on how to build compute-intensive applications that run efficiently on Intel® architecture.

Looking for an example od DAAL using MPI

JORGE_R_2
Beginner

I am eager to try and test some analysis appllcations using this library. However, my environment is best used with MPI. So I am looking for a simple example to show the mechanics of creating and MPI based application. Jorge

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andrey_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Jorge,

Intel(R) DAAL is provided with "samples" directory in which you would be able to find cpp MPI samples that show how to use the algorithms supporting distributed computations (including PCA, Linear Regression, Naïve Bayes, etc). Please, let us know if you have further questions on the samples.

Thanks,

Andrey

0 Kudos
JORGE_R_2
Beginner

I got the test examples, thanks, and I am now trying to compile one of them. I am trying to run the simplest example from URL: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-with-daal-for-linux

when I try to compile I get:

icc my_first_daal_program.cpp -daal=parallel -o my_first_daal_program
my_first_daal_program.cpp(35): error: namespace "daal" has no member "services"
  using namespace daal::services;
                        ^

compilation aborted for my_first_daal_program.cpp (code 2)

I have the 2016_beta, are there significant changes between beta and 2016 initial release? I had comparable problems when trying to compile a Java sample (it was looking for classes not present in the jar file)

Jorge

0 Kudos
Andrey_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Jorge,

Yes, there are changes between beta and product version of the library that addressed feedbacks we got durng beta time frame. I suggest to download the product version of Intel(R) DAAL for your experiments. Please, let us know, if you have any questions on the content of the library, and we will gladly help.

Andrey

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

JORGE R. wrote:

I got the test examples, thanks, and I am now trying to compile one of them. I am trying to run the simplest example from URL: https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-with-daal-for-linux

when I try to compile I get:

icc my_first_daal_program.cpp -daal=parallel -o my_first_daal_program
my_first_daal_program.cpp(35): error: namespace "daal" has no member "services"
  using namespace daal::services;
                        ^

compilation aborted for my_first_daal_program.cpp (code 2)

I have the 2016_beta, are there significant changes between beta and 2016 initial release? I had comparable problems when trying to compile a Java sample (it was looking for classes not present in the jar file)

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

The latest version compiles the sample code you mention without issues. You just need to install the latest version instead of the old beta version you are working with.

0 Kudos