Intel® oneAPI Data Analytics Library
Learn from community members on how to build compute-intensive applications that run efficiently on Intel® architecture.

daal error

Kelkar__Keyur
Beginner

Hello all

I am struggling my way through making daal work in my project, and have now come across the following error - I am struggling to make any sense of it and not quite sure where to even start with debugging.

I am trying to replicate this website's code: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1151606/Lightning-Fast-R-Machine-Learning-Algorithms but in Windows 10, and have the following software (exactly as per the website): 

• Intel DAAL 2017 Beta update 1
  • R version 3.3.1 (Bug in Your Hair)
  • Rcpp package version 0.12.5
  • Inline package version 0.3.14
  • e1071 package version 1.6-7

The following is the error I am getting - please help me someone as I am struggling!

Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) : 
  Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! In file included from file3f9022477144.cpp:3:0:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.1.143\windows\daal\include\daal.h:25:0: warning: ignoring #pragma warning  [-Wunknown-pragmas]
 #pragma warning(disable:809)
 ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.1.143\windows\daal\include\daal.h:38:0: warning: ignoring #pragma comment  [-Wunknown-pragmas]
     #pragma comment(lib, "tbb.lib" )
 ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.1.143\windows\daal\include\daal.h:39:0: warning: ignoring #pragma comment  [-Wunknown-pragmas]
     #pragma comment(lib, "tbbmalloc.lib" )
 ^
In file included from C:/R/R-33~1.1/include/data_management/data/data_dictionary.h:35:0,
                 from C:/R/R-33~1.1/include/data_management/data_source/data_source.h:33,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.1.143\windows\daal\in
In addition: Warning message:
running command 'C:/R/R-33~1.1/bin/x64/R CMD SHLIB file3f9022477144.cpp 2> file3f9022477144.cpp.err.txt' had status 1 

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide

Keyur

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Andrey_G_Intel2
Employee

to provide you qualified help, I need to know in details which steps you perform to build your application. As I see from neighbor thread at this forum, you are trying to build R plugin. please provide me details which changes you have done in sources and which steps you perform to build them. And if it possible, int will be nice if you attach whole your project.

0 Kudos