Intel® oneAPI Data Analytics Library
Learn from community members on how to build compute-intensive applications that run efficiently on Intel® architecture.

shuffleDimensions() method for the Tensor class

Robert_L_2
Beginner

This doesn't appear to be implemented, at least I can't see it in Visual C++ under TensorPtr or Tensor.  I'm using 2018 update 1 (2018.1.156).  Any suggestions or workarounds?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Robert,

From the DAAL 2018  update 1 documentation, it seem the method is ready.

Tensors provide interfaces for data management, such as memory allocation and deallocation, and respective methods for memory access and dimension management.

Use the getNumberOfDimensions() and getDimensions() methods to determine the number of dimensions and size of all dimensions, respectively.

Use the shuffleDimensions() method to change logical indexing of tensor dimensions without changing the data layout. This method changes the dimensions order, visible to algorithms.

The usage is like below

virtual services::Status shuffleDimensions(const services::Collection<size_t>& dimsOrder) = 0;

We will check later.

Best Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
Robert_L_2
Beginner

Hi, Ying

Can you point me to the .h file that defines shuffleDimensions()?  While the Developer Guide (2018 update 1) mentions it, I can't find it anywhere else.  The Reference Guide appears to be for 2017 update 3.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
Robert_L_2
Beginner

Found it in tensor.h, as virtual services::Status shuffleDimensions(const services::Collection<size_t>& dimsOrder) = 0;

Thank you!

0 Kudos