Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
583 Discussions

CL/sycl/INTEL/fpga_extensions.hpp not found

RitaChu
Employee

Hi,

I am trying to runing vector add example and ran into this.

RitaChu_0-1640894830292.png

I did the following:

$ qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2 -d .

$ source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh

$ make fpga_emu -f Makefile.fpga

then the above error showed up.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The naming conventions of the header files have been updated, hence you are getting the error as CL/sycl/INTEL/fpga_extensions.hpp file not found.

If you want to use CL/sycl/INTEL/fpga_extensions.hpp header file, please try with dpcpp compiler 2021.3.0 version, but if you are planning to work with the latest dpcpp compiler 2022.0 then you can get the latest oneAPI samples from the below command, in this code, you can get the updated header file ( which is sycl/ext/intel/fpga_extensions.hpp.)

You can get the vector-add program from the latest oneAPI samples by using the below command

oneapi-cli

Please refer to the below screenshot in which the execution of the vector-add program is successful (which was taken from the latest samples and compiled with the latest compiler dpcpp 2022.0)

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1640936346177.png

Hope the provided information helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
RitaChu
Employee

thanks for your reply...

I followed the above and in the login node (where "ssh devcloud" took me) and type 

oneapi-cli

a window pop up and i clicked "create a project" then "cpp" (there are the best choices i can select since this is the first time I use cli and not quite sure how to nevigate), a list of directories showed up, I tried moving (using arrow key) to vector-add project/directory but was never able to get there, pretty much everytime the screen became scrambled and I had to quite (ctrl c and exit).

0 Kudos
RitaChu
Employee

more update...

I used "qsub -I" to go to a compute node and thing got better, I was able to navigate to vector-add directory and hit return, then the following was what I saw and then I am stuck (nothing I can type to get it to respond)

RitaChu_0-1641324803815.png

0 Kudos
RitaChu
Employee

Hi, 

I tried it again and I was able to duplicate what you've noted above.   Thank you very much for your help.  Please feel free to close this ticket.

Happy New Year.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

I apologize for causing inconvenience.

Please find the below steps to get samples using oneapi-cli command (if still there is any confusion).

> ssh devcould

> qsub -I ( or you can select the required node )

> oneapi-cli

After entering the above command, a window will pop up as shown below

Hit "Enter" to navigate through the next steps.

1. Create a new project

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1641358574135.png

2. Select the sample language

VidyalathaB_Intel_1-1641358622198.png

3. Select the sample of your choice (in your case, it is  vector-add as shown in the screenshot)

VidyalathaB_Intel_2-1641358691417.png

4. This step shows where the created sample is stored. (path of the destination folder)

VidyalathaB_Intel_3-1641358791542.png

5. Final step

VidyalathaB_Intel_4-1641358817475.png

>>Thank you very much for your help. Please feel free to close this ticket

Thanks for the confirmation.

As the issue is resolved we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos