Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Compile error for oneAPI Base Toolkit

nnain1
New Contributor I

I have installed oneAPI at my system with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Intel® Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50GHz × 8, Quadro P4000/PCIe/SSE2, gcc/g++5.4.

When I make all, the errors are

dpcpp -o vector-add.exe src/vector-add.cpp -lOpenCL -lsycl
/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta03/linux/bin/../lib/libsycl.so: undefined reference to `clCreateProgramWithIL@OPENCL_2.1'
/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta03/linux/bin/../lib/libsycl.so: undefined reference to `clGetKernelSubGroupInfo@OPENCL_2.1'
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Makefile:10: recipe for target 'main' failed
make: *** [main] Error 1

What could be wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dmitry_Savin
New Contributor I

Hi, You may also need to uninstall the Intel OpenCL runtime from the Ubuntu repository (package ocl-icd-libopencl1). The one that comes with the basekit is more recent even compared to the latest Ububtu (19.10). You can check which library is used by running > ldd /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libsycl.so | grep OpenCL If you did not run > source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh it may point to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so.1 or some other library and /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 otherwise. You can check the supported version and symbols by running > nm -gD libOpenCL.so.1 | grep 'OPENCL\|clGetKernelSubGroupInfo' on each of the found libraries. -Dmitry

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Kaleem_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Naing,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are working on this issue and will get back to you.

Kaleem

AbhishekD_Intel

Hi, 

This error is due to conflicting libOpenCL.so, I will suggest you to properly uninstall everything and re-install beta03 base toolkit and then it will work.

-Abhishek

Dmitry_Savin
New Contributor I

Hi, You may also need to uninstall the Intel OpenCL runtime from the Ubuntu repository (package ocl-icd-libopencl1). The one that comes with the basekit is more recent even compared to the latest Ububtu (19.10). You can check which library is used by running > ldd /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libsycl.so | grep OpenCL If you did not run > source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh it may point to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so.1 or some other library and /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 otherwise. You can check the supported version and symbols by running > nm -gD libOpenCL.so.1 | grep 'OPENCL\|clGetKernelSubGroupInfo' on each of the found libraries. -Dmitry

View solution in original post

nnain1
New Contributor I

Thanks a lot.

AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Let us know if it worked for you and get back to us if you faced any issue.

-Abhishek

nnain1
New Contributor I

The old installation was removed and reinstall new one following the instructions in the link.

But still have the same error when I make all.

coie@coie-HP-Z440-Workstation:~/Data/coie/Softwares/oneAPI/dpc++/module04/Lab_module4/devcon/complex_mult$ make all
dpcpp lab/complex_mult.cpp -o bin/complex_mult -Isrc/ -lOpenCL -lsycl
/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta03/linux/bin/../lib/libsycl.so: undefined reference to `clCreateProgramWithIL@OPENCL_2.1'
/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta03/linux/bin/../lib/libsycl.so: undefined reference to `clGetKernelSubGroupInfo@OPENCL_2.1'
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Makefile:13: recipe for target 'main' failed
make: *** [main] Error 1

Following one of the suggestions above to check opencl and output is as follow.

coie@coie-HP-Z440-Workstation:~/Data/coie/Softwares/oneAPI/dpc++/module04/Lab_module4/devcon/complex_mult$ ldd /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/
libsycl.so | grep OpenCL
    libOpenCL.so.1 => /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 (0x00007feb9bdde000)

Why I still can't compile the project?

Dmitry_Savin
New Contributor I

What does

nm -gD /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 | grep 'OPENCL\|clGetKernelSubGroupInfo\|clCreateProgramWithIL'

show you?

-Dmitry

UPD: In the DevCloud the command does not work, had to do in two steps: nm -gD /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1> out grep 'OPENCL\|clGetKernelSubGroupInfo\|clCreateProgramWithIL' out
Jie_L_Intel
Employee
naing, use this command to build "dpcpp -o vector-add.exe src/vector-add.cpp"
nnain1
New Contributor I

Yes this command "dpcpp -o vector-add.exe src/vector-add.cpp" can build exe file. Thanks.

make all doesn't work.

nnain1
New Contributor I

This command

nm -gD /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 | grep 'OPENCL\|clGetKernelSubGroupInfo\|clCreateProgramWithIL'

gave
00000000000046f0 T clCreateProgramWithIL
0000000000004720 T clGetKernelSubGroupInfo
0000000000000000 A OPENCL_1.0
0000000000000000 A OPENCL_1.1
0000000000000000 A OPENCL_1.2
0000000000000000 A OPENCL_2.0
0000000000000000 A OPENCL_2.1
0000000000000000 A OPENCL_2.2

Joey__Wang
Beginner

naing, 

Try change ./src/CMakeLists.txt:target_link_libraries(complex_mult OpenCL sycl)

to ./src/CMakeLists.txt:target_link_libraries(complex_mult sycl)

I found same issue on HPCKit-code-samples..

AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Naing,

Let us know if we can close this thread, you are always welcome to raise a new thread.

-Abhishek

nnain1
New Contributor I

Yes please go ahead. Removing opencl flag in makefile solved the issue.

Sushma_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Naing,

Hope your issue is resolved. We are closing this thread. You can always reach out to us for other queries in a new thread.

Regards

Sushma.