Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

Conformance to C++ standard

eldiener
New Contributor I

In the "Developer Guide and Reference" for the oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler 2021.1, when discussing "Conformance to the C/C++/DPC++ Standards" I read:

"The Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler conforms to the following standards:

ANSI/ISO ISO C++ 2011 standard for host C++"

In the oneAPI specification in the Overview for DPC++ I read:

"C++. Every DPC++ program is also a C++ program. A compliant DPC++ implementation must support the C++17 Core Language (as specified in Sections 1-19 of ISO/IEC 14882:2017) or newer."

These statements contradict each other. Does the DPC++/C++ compiler implement the C++11 or the C++17 standard. Clang itself has implemented the C++17 standard since version 3.7, and then latest version of clang is 11.0, so i would like to think that the DPC++/C++ compiler implements the C++17 standard and the line in the "Developer Guide and Reference" is incorrect.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Edward,

>>>These statements contradict each other. Does the DPC++/C++ compiler implement the C++11 or the C++17 standard. Clang itself has implemented the C++17 standard since version 3.7, and then latest version of clang is 11.0, so i would like to think that the DPC++/C++ compiler implements the C++17 standard and the line in the "Developer Guide and Reference" is incorrect.

Yes, the DPC++/C++ compiler implements the C++17 standard. Thanks for reporting this to us. We are forwarding this thread to the concerned internal team.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Edward,

>>>These statements contradict each other. Does the DPC++/C++ compiler implement the C++11 or the C++17 standard. Clang itself has implemented the C++17 standard since version 3.7, and then latest version of clang is 11.0, so i would like to think that the DPC++/C++ compiler implements the C++17 standard and the line in the "Developer Guide and Reference" is incorrect.

Yes, the DPC++/C++ compiler implements the C++17 standard. Thanks for reporting this to us. We are forwarding this thread to the concerned internal team.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Trifud
New Contributor I

Does this mean that DPC++/C++ is fully C++17 compliant? What about C++20 support? Is the following page up-to-date https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/c17-features-supported-by-intel-c-compiler.html

Is there a new page for DPC++/C++?

0 Kudos
Jie_L_Intel
Employee

The coming 2021.2 release will fix these issues in documents.

0 Kudos