Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

DPC++ Question

Residentx
New Contributor III

I was watching this video today:

Data Parallel C++: An Open Alternative for Cross-Architecture

https://techdecoded.intel.io/big-picture/data-parallel-c-an-open-alternative-for-cross-architecture-development ;

I'm in agreement on why they used to C++ to build OneAPI on but why or is Python on the agenda?

Almost all NEW developers are learning this language not C++. Is three a roadmap to include this language?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnubhavJ_intel
Employee

Hi George,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Will get back to you soon. 

0 Kudos
JyotsnaK_Intel

Hi George,

Intel Distribution of Python is yet another component which is part of oneAPI base toolkit and AI Toolkit. If you are looking for DPC++ and Python interoperability, then we will check and get back to you. 

0 Kudos
JyotsnaK_Intel

oneAPI is addressing the need of Heterogenous architectures with best performance on each of them. Python being high level language does not guarantee same performance as native C/C++ language does. Hence Intel has in put effort to strengthen the high performance language as C++ and come up with the unified programming using DPC++ on Heterogenous platforms. 

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

Hi Jyotsna,

Love your HPC 2019 Background Photo!

Thanks for the comments about C/C++ vs. Python. 

0 Kudos
JyotsnaK_Intel

Thanks George! I am closing this case. 

0 Kudos