Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
583 Discussions

DPC++ sample program execution is leading to segmentation fault in Elkhartlake platform

sumana
Employee

Hi,

I am trying to execute DPC++ Sample program https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneAPI-samples/tree/master/DirectProgramming/DPC%2B%2B/DenseLinearAlgebra/vector-add on Elkhartlake platform (Intel Atom processor) with GPU as device selector.

We are receiving Segmentation fault on executing the above program. The same program works fine when CPU is chosen as device selector. I have executed the same program on ADL and TGL platform. 

Could you please let me know if DPC++ is supported for the EHL platform? If yes, how do i further debug the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumana

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are working on your issue. We will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
Alex_Y_Intel

Which compiler did you use? Have you tried Intel oneAPI IoT Toolkit?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/iot-toolkit.html#gs.5p54ch

0 Kudos
sumana
Employee

We have been using oneapi base toolkit. 

0 Kudos
Alex_Y_Intel

Can you please try Intel oneAPI IoT Toolkit and let us know if the problem still exists?

0 Kudos
sumana
Employee

I tried again after installing one api iotg toolkit (l_IoTKit_p_2022.2.0.165_offline.sh). I am still facing the segmentation fault on EHL platform

0 Kudos
Alex_Y_Intel

Can you please try to reduce the vector size to about 100 and see if the issue still occurs?

0 Kudos
sumana
Employee

Hi,

I am still observing the segmentation fault even with vector size 100

0 Kudos
Alex_Y_Intel

May I ask if you can see the same issue on Windows platform?

It looks like your machine only has OpenCL backend for your GPU, can you please check if you have Level Zero backend by finding libze* under your /usr directory? 
What's the version of your GPU driver? 
Can you please also provide your backtrace?

0 Kudos
Alex_Y_Intel

Since there's no further update, I'm closing the issue from our site. Please feel free to discuss further with the people in the forum, and open a new issue if necessary.

0 Kudos
sumana
Employee

Sorry for the delayed response. Level zero is not supported in the EHL platform which we are using. We are using Ubuntu 20.04 OS

0 Kudos
Ashishti
Employee

I am also getting same issue .  segmentation fault while running sample code on EHL board .

0 Kudos
Alex_Y_Intel

I can reproduce it on Elkhart Lake Linux machine, and this issue has been escalated to our developers. We'll work on it internally and get back to you when there's update.

0 Kudos