Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*
583 Discussions

Data type problem related to esimd_media_block_load

tanzl_ustc
Beginner

Hi,intel engineers

I am writing dpc++ esimd code for large scale gemm.

I ran into a confusing problem today,when I checked memory_intrin.hpp,I found that data type has already been specified as uint4.But my array data type is float.

tanzl_ustc_0-1652074024996.png

When I specify my accessor data type as float4, error will occur

tanzl_ustc_1-1652074265427.png

tanzl_ustc_2-1652074391479.png

Once I change the type to uint4,error disappear

How can I understand or solve this problem?Is it ok to fix the type to uint4?thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Intel Communities.

Could you please share us a working reproducer and steps(if any) so that we could try reproducing the issue at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Zelin,

We tried with the code (gemm_genx_beta0.1.cpp) which you have provided in this thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Data-Parallel-C/Problem-about-image-as-a-buffer-size-and-media-block-load-store/m-p/1382639#M2113 and could reproduce the issue. Like you said there are no errors when trying with uint4 and there are compilation errors with float4.

We are working on your issue, we will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Thanks,

We are looking into your case and will get back to you.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

This seems to be a bug in the current dpcpp. I've reported this to our developer and it will be fixed in the next release.

And ESIMD is no longer in the experimental state, it will be: 

using namespace sycl;
using namespace sycl::ext::intel::esimd;

Thanks,

0 Kudos