Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

DevCloud Deprecated Code

RAror6
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am running a basic oneAPI code. On running the code I get a huge list of warnings that says the code I have in devcloud is deprecated. This happened when I use the dpstd libraries only. 

On further inspection, the error is arising from an older version of oneAPI packages. Is there something I can do about this? I am running oneAPI on DevCloud.

EDIT: I found out that code was deprecated regarding the dtstd package in beta04. I have changed my code (from the developer's guide) to represent the new updated beta06. My warnings have reduced, but still present. Could I get some help on this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Rushiv,

Thanks for providing the source code and logs.

I was able to reproduce the same warnings which you got, on our side. We are escalating this issue to the concerned team.

Have a good day!

Regards

Goutham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Rushiv,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We will be very happy to help you with your issue. Could you please provide steps to reproduce, log files and source code if possible? So that we will be able to investigate more on the issue you are facing.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
RAror6
New Contributor I

Hello Goutham,

Please find attached my code and the runtime logs. To reproduce this:

1) I have the code running in DevCloud.

2) My source code is stored in a folder called tests

3) I run the following commands in DevCloud:

•   ! dpcpp tests/test1.cpp -o bin/test1
  • ! bin/test1

Thank you!

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Rushiv,

Thanks for providing the source code and logs.

I was able to reproduce the same warnings which you got, on our side. We are escalating this issue to the concerned team.

Have a good day!

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

The deprecation is a conscious move and the new proposal is documented at https://github.com/intel/llvm/blob/sycl/sycl/doc/extensions/GroupAlgorithms/SYCL_INTEL_group_algorithms.asciidoc. 

0 Kudos
RAror6
New Contributor I

Thank You! I will be sure to check that out

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi, 

Thanks for the confirmation!

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. 

If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos