Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
583 Discussions

Dpcpp compilation error message: clang-offload-bundler: error: file too small to be an archive

Tse__Amon
Beginner

Hello Support Team,

I am testing OneAPI Dpcpp 2021.1 on Ubuntu 18.04:

Intel(R) oneAPI DPC++ Compiler 2021.1 (2020.10.0.1113)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/linux/bin

I made a test program with SYCL with CMake. Below are the generated compilation/link commands for FPGA emulator: (I put # comment for description)

# compile a C++ class to object file

/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/linux/bin/dpcpp -DFPGA_EMULATOR -DUSE_DPCPP -Dsequential_EXPORTS -I../.. -g -fPIC -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT sequential/CMakeFiles/sequential.dir/iota_sequential.cpp.o -MF sequential/CMakeFiles/sequential.dir/iota_sequential.cpp.o.d -o sequential/CMakeFiles/sequential.dir/iota_sequential.cpp.o -c ../sequential/iota_sequential.cpp

# link the C++ class into shared lib

/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/linux/bin/dpcpp -fPIC -g -shared -Wl,-soname,libsequential.so -o Debug-FPGA_EMULATOR/libsequential.so sequential/CMakeFiles/sequential.dir/iota_sequential.cpp.o

# compile the C++/SYCL class with FPGA emulator selector

/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/linux/bin/dpcpp -DFPGA_EMULATOR -DUSE_DPCPP -g -fintelfpga -c CMakeDpcpp/parallel/iota_parallel.cpp -ICMakeDpcpp/.. -o CMakeDpcpp/build/parallel/iota_parallel.cpp.o

# compile the C++ main function, calling the C++ class and C++/SYCL class above 

/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/linux/bin/dpcpp -DFPGA_EMULATOR -DUSE_DPCPP -I../.. -g -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT main/CMakeFiles/CMakeDpcpp.dir/main.cpp.o -MF main/CMakeFiles/CMakeDpcpp.dir/main.cpp.o.d -o main/CMakeFiles/CMakeDpcpp.dir/main.cpp.o -c ../main/main.cpp

# link the main.o shared lib and the C++/SYCL obj file to product the FPGA emulator executable

/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/linux/bin/dpcpp -g -g -fintelfpga main/CMakeFiles/CMakeDpcpp.dir/main.cpp.o -o Debug-FPGA_EMULATOR/CMakeDpcpp.fpga_emu Debug-FPGA_EMULATOR/libsequential.so parallel/iota_parallel.cpp.o

The last command produces the executable but pop out two error messages:

clang-offload-bundler: error: file too small to be an archive
clang-offload-bundler: error: file too small to be an archive

Although there are two error messages, the executable CMakeDpcpp.fpga_emu is generated successfully and it is executed as expected successfully.

My question is: Do the error messages clang-offload-bundler matter?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Could you please share the source code along with steps to reproduce?

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Reminder: Could you please provide the details requested in the previous post?

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread.

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos