Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

ESIMD DPC++ debug problem

tanzl_ustc
Beginner

Hi,early this year I post a issue about debugging kernel code of DPC++ with ESIMD extension.

You can see this issue at https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Data-Parallel-C/How-can-I-debug-kernel-code-of-DPC-with-ESIMD-extension/m-p/1352124/thread-id/1840

However, as the ESIMD repo has been updated, this method no longer works well, I can not use printf in kernel function again.

I will attach a zip file in which the sample code using printf in kernel function exist. These sample code works well for past months, but now it does not work any work.

Could you please tell me if there has been a new way to use printf in kernel function or there has been other efficient ways for me to debug ESIMD DPC++ code.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know the issues you are facing while using the printf inside the kernel?

If you are getting any errors while using the printf, could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error?

Else, Could you please provide the screenshot of the output?

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
tanzl_ustc
Beginner

Hi,thanks for your reply.

As you could see in my attached file gemm_media.cpp,line 154.I tried to use printf in kernel function,but it failed.

tanzl_ustc_0-1652555935646.png

The method you provided last time could work normally before the ESIMD repo on Github updated.Now it no longer works.

I have attached the zip file.Could you please take a look at this problem,thanks!

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Could you please try with the Intel oneAPI DPC++ compiler and let us know if you are still facing any issues?

You can download Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit from the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you, could you please provide any updates on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos