Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
561 Discussions

Execution aborts after kernel | make: *** [run] Aborted

Singh__Kuljeet
Beginner

I am trying to run a gaussian blur example on oneAPI dev cloud. I am able to build the example after some tweaking but the execution aborts without throwing any exception or errors. attaching files

u33211@login-1:~/MyFiles/gaussian_blur$ ./q run.sh  
Submitting job:
439820.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud
Job ID                    Name             User            Time Use S Queue
------------------------- ---------------- --------------- -------- - -----
438492.v-qsvr-1            ...ub-singleuser u33211          00:03:04 R jupyterhub      
439820.v-qsvr-1            run.sh           u33211                 0 Q batch           
Waiting for Output...........
########################################################################
#      Date:           Tue Dec 10 03:16:11 PST 2019
#    Job ID:           439820.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud
#      User:           u33211
# Resources:           neednodes=1:gpu:ppn=2,nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2,walltime=06:00:00

rm -rf ./gaussian-blur.exe  
dpcpp gaussian-blur.cpp -o ./gaussian-blur.exe -I. -lOpenCL -lsycl
./gaussian-blur.exe Lenna.png
Gaussian filter created..
Optimal Local Size =64
Starting Kernel..
Finished Kernel..
Makefile:16: recipe for target 'run' failed

# End of output for job 439820.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud
# Date: Tue Dec 10 03:16:18 PST 2019

make: *** [run] Aborted

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RahulV_intel

Hi Kuljeet,

I have gone through your code. I can see that you haven't specified inputData and outputData argument to the image<2> constructor. Advising you to make the following changes to your code on line numbers 154 and 155.

On line number 154, From cl::sycl::image<2> image_in(co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (your code)  to                                                                                                   cl::sycl::image<2> image_in(inputData,co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (suggested change)

On line number 155, From cl::sycl::image<2> image_out(co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (your code) to                                                                                                     cl::sycl::image<2> image_out(outputData,co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (suggested change)

Let us know if the suggested changes resolve your issue.

Rahul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sushma_P_Intel
Employee

Hello Kuljeet,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Sushma

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi Kuljeet,

I have gone through your code. I can see that you haven't specified inputData and outputData argument to the image<2> constructor. Advising you to make the following changes to your code on line numbers 154 and 155.

On line number 154, From cl::sycl::image<2> image_in(co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (your code)  to                                                                                                   cl::sycl::image<2> image_in(inputData,co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (suggested change)

On line number 155, From cl::sycl::image<2> image_out(co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (your code) to                                                                                                     cl::sycl::image<2> image_out(outputData,co::rgba, ct::unorm_int8, imgRange); (suggested change)

Let us know if the suggested changes resolve your issue.

Rahul

0 Kudos
Singh__Kuljeet
Beginner

Many thanks Rahul,

I was able to execute the code sucessfuly with the changes suggested.

Is there any document that captures the differences / enhancements between DPC++ and SYCL1.2 ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Kaleem_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Kuljeet,

Good to know that your issue is resolved. We are closing this thread.

Request you to raise a new thread for "Is there any document that captures the differences/enhancements between DPC++ and SYCL1.2 ?" query.

Kaleem

0 Kudos