Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
581 Discussions

How to create a Dynamic Link Library with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE

k_higashi
Beginner

Hello.

I want to use the Intel DPC++ within the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE to develop C++ applications includeing dynamic link library(.DLL).

Development Environment:

・Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.5.5
 ・Intel oneAPI 2021.1 Beta08

I selected the DPC++ Dynamic project template from the New menu in Visual studio.
However, I found the following problem.
・The DPC++ setting does not exist in the properties of the created project.
・Template code (C++) does not exist in the project.

Is it under development?

Other templates, such as the DPC++ Console Application template for creating a main executable(.exe), have project properties and template code.

Best regard.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Escalating this case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Could you please elaborate more on the issue you are facing or the information you are looking for?

Regarding: "The DPC++ setting does not exist in the properties of the created project". Could you please let us know what are the options available in Platform toolset under project properties? If possible share a screenshot.

Path for reference:

Right-click on project name in solution explorer> scroll to the end > Properties > Configutration Properties> General > Platform Toolset > dropdown.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
k_higashi
Beginner
Hello.

I share some snapshot of the problem.
TopMenu_NewProject.png
 ・This is a new project creation menu of MSVC.
ProjectProperty(DLL).png
 ・This is the project property of the DPC++ Dynamic-Link Library.
Ref_ProjectProperty(EXE).png
 ・This is the project property of the DPC++ Console Application.

Best regards.
0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for providing the required information, we are considering this as a feature request and we are forwarding this to the concerned team.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Escalating this case.

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Can you mention a specific test cases where lack of this feature is acting as a blocker?

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

This feature will be implemented post the Gold release. It is already in pipeline but since it is not a blocker it will be implemented post gold. Please let me know if you have any concerns.

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Can you give an example for this.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos