Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
581 Discussions

How to interoperate with OpenGL using OpenCL interop interface

Shukla__Gagandeep

Hi,

I am porting some cuda code and it uses cuda functions:

• cuGraphicsMapResources
  • cuGraphicsResourceGetMappedPointer
  • cuGraphicsGLRegisterBuffer
  • cuGraphicsUnregisterResource and
  • cuGraphicsUnmapResources

As per my understanding of the code, these functions are allowing cuda code to interact with OpenGL buffers. I understand that there is no direct interoperability between OneAPI and OpenGL and it has to be done through OpenCL interop.

Can you please suggest which functions can I use instead of cuda functions mentioned above?

Regards,
Gagan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

That's correct, there's no direct interoperability between oneAPI and OpenGL currently. You may refer to the tutorial on OpenCL and OpenGL interoperability in the link below:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/opencl-and-opengl-interoperability-tutorial.html

DPCT subject matter experts will get in touch with you shortly regarding equivalent DPCPP functions.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Sravani_K_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

0 Kudos