Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

How to use Explicit SIMD

k_higashi
Beginner

Hi.

I found the following note in the release note of Intel OneapI beta09.

「Explicit SIMD programming support inside parallel_for kernel through extension sycl::intel::gpu::simd template.」

Release Notes:
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-toolkit-release-notes.html

・I want to know how to use Explicit SIMD.
 Please tell me how to use it.

<Supplement>
I found the sample code described in the URL below, but I could not compile it due to some problems.

https://github.com/intel/llvm/blob/sycl/sycl/doc/extensions/ExplicitSIMD/dpcpp-explicit-simd.md#explicit-simd-programming-extension-for-dpc

Examples include sycl_esimd.hpp, but the file does not exist in the directory.

<Information>
Toolkit:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Professional (ver.16.7.4)
Intel oneapi beta 09
Compiler: Intel oneAPI DPC++ Compiler (2021.1.2115)

CPU: Intel Core i7-1065G7 1.3GHz
Accelerator:Iris Plus Graphics
driver ver.: 27.20.100.8681

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread.

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

We have checked the GitHub repository which you have provided, as per the README.md file, I assume that this feature is not supported for Windows target yet.

https://github.com/intel/llvm/blob/sycl/sycl/doc/extensions/ExplicitSIMD/README.md

However, to confirm, we are talking with the concerned internal team regarding this. We will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
k_higashi
Beginner

Thank you for your answer.

Even if windows target wasn't supported yet, 

I hope this function will be available on windows in a future update.

best regard.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi @k_higashi ,

Our team is working on that feature.

Could you please let us know if you have other queries?

If we have answered all your queries, let us know if we can close this thread from our side.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Just a reminder!

Could you please let us know if you have other queries?

If we have answered all your queries, let us know if we can close this thread from our side.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread.

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos