Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

Integration with UI

Witkowski__Stefan

Hello, 

I look for some acceleration possibilities for our software, and we consider using GPU’s or FPGA’s to speed up the calculations. As frontend we build WPF Application, where we can call native dll’s with unmanaged threads. Is it some way to build dpc++ library that we could call from .net application? (In toolkit is only console template)

Or there is other better way to bind UI App with some calculation process?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GouthamK_Intel
Hi Stefan, Thanks for reaching out to us. We are working on it and will get back to you. Goutham
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

As frontend we build WPF Application, where we can call native dll’s with unmanaged threads. Is it some way to build dpc++ library that we could call from .net application? (In toolkit is only console template) 

Think of a DPC++ library just like any other normal C++ library, it is possible. How you use un-managed library applies to DPC++ library too. But when you run your application, the system should meet the OS/driver requirements of DPC++ and the necessary GPU driver.  

This Microsoft page contains info on how to call native APIs from managed code: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/dotnet/calling-native-functions-from-managed-code?view=vs-2019 

Does that answer your question?

Your usage model is interesting. Do you need an example for it? I can file a request for that. What language are you using for the managed code? 

Jennifer 

0 Kudos
Witkowski__Stefan

Jennifer J. (Blackbelt) wrote:

Think of a DPC++ library just like any other normal C++ library,

I'm looking exactly for DPC++ library template, because in oneAPI Toolkit is only console template included. 

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

It seems to me that you want to use one of the template functions in the DPC++ library. is that right? could you give me an example? 

Jennifer 

0 Kudos
Witkowski__Stefan

I just want to have DPC++ library. There is no project template for it in Beta Release from Nov 2019. Or i just can't find it.

0 Kudos