Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

Intel oneAPI ordinal base DLL issue.

MZ0xF
Beginner

Hello all,

I am experiencing an issue with Intel C++ 2021 (2021.1.1) linker.

I have a script that modifies the PE's export list attribute in the DLL, after upgrading from 19.0 to oneAPI compiler I started to experience failures in this script.

After some investigation I noticed the ordinal base is maybe wrong, I am attaching a screenshot of the command "dumpbin -exports" on my DLL(without any modifications).

oneAPI DLL dumpbin.PNG

The ordinal base is "0" while the first exported function ordinal is actually "1".

Also, it lists 1426 while reporting 1427 I believe it also caused by the ordinal base being "0".

Please consult,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sravani_K_Intel

Hi Max,

We are closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in almost a month. Feel free to reopen or make a fresh post with the details requested above.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MZ0xF
Beginner

IDE: Visual Studio 2019 Version 16.8.6

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Max,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If possible, could you please share the steps to reproduce your issue along with the small reproducer? So that we can investigate more on your issue.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
MZ0xF
Beginner

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can't attach my steps to reproduce because it's my company's product.

It happens only with ICX(Intel C++ 2021), I switched back to the classic one(19.2) and it works fine.

Thanks,

Max.

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Max,

We are working on your issue, and we will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Sravani_K_Intel

Hi Max,

The oneAPI toolkits have both the next generation compilers(ICX) and the classic compilers(ICC/ICL), is this issue specific to ICX or do you also see it with the later classic compiler that is part of oneAPI?

Also, could you please include a similar screen shot of dumpbin --exports for the correct case?

0 Kudos
MZ0xF
Beginner

Hi Sravani,

Yes, the issue is only reproduced when I am using ICX.

After switching to the classic ICL(19.2) in the same oneAPI toolkit I am not encountering the issue.

I am attaching the screenshot you requested of dumpbin --exports with the correct case(using ICL).

MZ0xF_0-1617693472697.png

Note that the number of functions different due to the development process.

Thanks,

Max.

0 Kudos
Sravani_K_Intel

Hi Max,

Is it possible to share the compiler and linker options used in case of ICL and ICX so I can try re-creating a similar test case at my end?

0 Kudos
Sravani_K_Intel

Hi Max,

We are closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in almost a month. Feel free to reopen or make a fresh post with the details requested above.

0 Kudos