Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*

/MD in visual studio 2019

Scott_S_2
Novice

Hi,

Previous I had issues with /MD with visual studio 2017 (https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/oneapi-data-parallel-c-compiler/topic/852438)

I have recently installed visual studio 2019 and the solution in that thread no longer seems to work.  I can still manually add /MD to the additional options and it works, but this gets wiped every time I regenerate the cmake.  Is there additional cmake options I need to set?

Regards
Scott

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Scott,

Will you please give us details of all the steps that you have followed previously. Also, send us a detailed step that you are following now with a small reproducer so that we can reproduce it from our end.

And if we get the same issue we will report this to our concerned team and will ask them for feature requests.

If it gets solved then it will be easy for us to share the exact solution through which you can work.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Scott_S_2
Novice

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response but I've tried to create some dummy projects seperate from my problem project to reproduce this issue but it doesn't seem to trigger the issue.  There must be something particular about the particular setup I haven't found yet.  The issue seems to be with libcmt.lib. 

I can fix it by manually adding the /MD flag in the solution settings after cmake generation.

If I find out exactly whats causing this I will post back here...

-Scott

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for your finding. Do post back when you will get the exact cause of the problem. 

Thank You

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Can you please update on your finding? 

If any workaround worked for you then do share it with us, so that others will get help form it.

Warm regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

We are closing this thread. You can always raise a new thread if you have any issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos