I am new to opencl, and would like to know if it is possible to integrate opencl with an existing application.
For instance, my application is developed with Visual Studio 2019, are there any GPU Api that can be called by the App to do some gpu calculations abd get the results back to the App?
Or, I would have to rewrite the entire App from scratch using opencl in order to get access to the
gpu integrated with the Intel chip/
Assuming that your application is developed in C/C++, you can install the oneAPI-basetoolkit, to perform the required computation on iGPU using the OpenCL backend. (env variable is SYCL_BE=PI_OPENCL)
Please refer to the links below to get started:
Reference guide for DPC++ (direct programming):
OneDPL for API based programming:
Also, could you let me know what exactly is the calculation that you want to perform on iGPU?
- Download size of Download the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit is 22.5 GB, I don’t have space for this at the moment
- Assuming that your application is developed in C/C++, you can install the oneAPI-basetoolkit, to perform the required computation on iGPU using the OpenCL backend. (env variable is SYCL_BE=PI_OPENCL)
- I need to know whether the gpu that resides on the core-i7 chip is capabale to do the vector multiply. How big is it?
- Is there any tutorial that explains how difficult to do some c = a + b parallel programming on top of the gpu which is on the local cpu?
- The calculations is to do: B = A * A (the vector size is 1000-2000) and float
- If it is too complicated, I might use the nvidia chip instead.
- To remind you that the Application is done already, but i consider to enhance with the gpu
Kindly refer to the below code samples and other resources to get started:
Vector add sample:
I have not heard back from you, so I will go ahead and close this thread from my end. Feel free to post a new question if you require any further assistance from Intel.