Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

Two DPC++ questions

Sharpe__Brian
New Contributor I

Hi 
Sorry if these are "noob" questions, but thought I'd ask them anyway  :)

1)
I see in the SYCL standards document that device code can only be C++v11,  but I also see a lot of talk about C++v17 on this forum.
Is someone able to confirm to me if Intel DPC++ will allow device code to be in C++v17? 
Either now or in the future.

2)
Does Intel have any plans to allow for DPC++ to perform JIT/runtime compiling?  (similar to CUDA and OpenCL)
Again, either now or in the future.

Thanks very much
Brian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

We will be happy to answer your questions.

1. As of present date(upto beta 05), Yes, the device uses the C++11 standards with this it also supports some API based programming which uses C++17 standards like Parallel STL which extends the standard C++17. And in the future release also we will be extending its features and you will see more supported features. Soon you will have documentation related to its support in the upcoming release.
  2. SYCL already uses JIT compilation even now we are also supporting AOT ie Ahead Of Time compilation for more details you may check this link and has many benefits over JIT.

For more details regarding DPCPP supported API's you may look into this link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/oneapi-programming-guide-api-based-programming

Hope this will help you in getting the solution to your questions

Warm Regards,

Abhishek.

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Will you please confirm if this information helps you or not?

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

We hope the resolution provided helped you.

In case of any further queries please feel free to raise a new thread.

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos