Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
584 Discussions

Unable to run program using MS visual studio when using library built with DPC++ compiler

student4
Beginner

Hi,

I have C++ library built using DPC++ compiler. I used this library in a test project file. I then built the test project file using Microsoft visual studio compiler(Please note that the test project contains only C++ libraries). But when I tried to run the program, it throws the error sycl.dll not found.

I appreciate your assistance on this regard.

It works perfectly when the test project is built using DPC++ compiler.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

>> Using Microsoft visual studio compiler ... But when I tried to run the program, it throws the error sycl.dll not found.

As this issue is related to non intel compilers, we would not be able to provide support for that.

>> I have C++ library built using DPC++ compiler.

Additionally, if your cpp library doesn't contain any sycl functions then instead of using dpcpp compiler to build the library, I'd suggest you to try it out with icx or icl.

>>It works perfectly when the test project is built using DPC++ compiler.

The Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler compiles C++-based SYCL* source files for a wide range of compute accelerators. That is the reason you are not getting error when trying with dpcpp compiler.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-dpcpp-compiler/top.html

Thanks & Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

We've not heard back from you. Can you please provide an update?

Thanks and Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos