cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zliu7
Beginner

Using Fortran Compiler in oneAPI

Hello,

I am the student and i need to use fortran to run some of my codes, but i can not find a place to open the fortran compiler. Can you pls suggest me a way to open the compiler? Thank you.

( I have already installed the HPC tool kits)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zliu7
Beginner

I alredy had my .f code written with notepad, now i just wan to bring them into a folder and using the command window to run.

RahulV_intel

Hi,

Firstly, you need to source the oneAPI environment.

On Linux:

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

On Windows:

• Open Intel oneAPI command prompt for Visual Studio which will automatically source the oneAPI environment.
  • Alternatively, you may source the setvars.bat file directly from the command prompt.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\setvars.bat"

Compiler path:

ifort: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\bin\intel64

ifx: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\bin

The Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic (ifort driver) in the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit includes a full implementation of the Fortran 2018 standard. 

The Intel® Fortran Compiler (Beta) (ifx driver) is also included in the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit. The Intel® Fortran Compiler (Beta) (ifx) is a new compiler based on the Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic (ifort) frontend and runtime libraries, using LLVM backend technology.

To compile:

ifort filename

ifx filename

More information here:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-fortran-compiler-release-...

Thanks,

Rahul

zliu7
Beginner

Thank you very much Rahul! But when i followed the instruction, i wasn't sure which one is the "Intel oneAPI command prompt for Visual Studio", so i went with the alternative approach, but it showed me the error message in the pic, i didnt install my visual studio in the drive C, is there a way i can redirect the setvars.bat file to the directory where i installed my visual studio? Thank you.

zliu7_0-1614030102307.png

zliu7_1-1614030279430.png