Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

build_fpga_hw.sh: recipe for target 'vector-add.fpga' failed

Kermanshahche__Krist

Following instructions at Getting Started with Intel DevCloud.

Both FPGA emulator steps completed successfully.  Build_fpga_hw.sh [job 10631] fails with output "aoc: Compiling for FPGA...  Makefile.fpga:16: recipe for target 'vector-add.fpga' failed" and error log [build_fpga_hw.sh.e10631:

Error: vector-add.prj already exist

/home/u33759/tmp/a-d03210.o: file not recognized: File truncated
clang++: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [vector-add.fpga] Error 1

This was my second attempt.  The first attempt failed at a similar point; I thought perhaps because I had previously run the cpu example in the same folder.  The second time, I emptied the local /tmp folder and rebuilt the local /oneapi-toolkit-development folder structure from the zip file.  started fresh with just the FPGA instructions...

Note this is apparently failing one stage earlier than the other open FPGA topic (run_fpga_hw.sh); hence I opened a new topic here.

All advice welcome :0)...?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kaleem_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are working on this issue and will get back to you.

Kaleem

0 Kudos
Kaleem_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Kristina,

Hardware compile job can take a long time as per the documentation given in the following link, under the FPGA Hardware section https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/get-started/base-toolkit/.

We suggest you to use this flag -l walltime=hh:mm:ss option to increase the timeout for batch job, if running in non-interactive mode. Also please note that the maximum time available is 24 hrs.

You can use qstat to monitor the progress of the enqueued jobs. Once a job terminates, its stderr and stdout will be saved to the disk.

If you wish to use the interactive mode, kindly follow these steps:

• qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga:ppn=2 (1st argument capital i , 2nd argument small L)
  • chmod +x build_fpga_hw.sh
  • ./build_fpga_hw.sh

Once the compilation is done(it might take several hours), run the other script file

• chmod +x run_fpga_hw.sh
  • ./run_fpga_hw.sh

Please let us know incase you face any other issue.

Kaleem

0 Kudos