Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*

cudaResourceTypePitch2D conversion

Guracar__Ismayil
Beginner

Hi 

I am trying to convert a simple cuda program which uses pitch2D textures and I get the following error messages:

D:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA\Samples\v8.0\3_Imaging\cudaMPR\test.cu:25:35: warning: DPCT1004:0: Could not generate replacement.
        resDescInput[instance].resType = cudaResourceTypePitch2D;
                                         ^
D:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA\Samples\v8.0\3_Imaging\cudaMPR\test.cu:26:2: warning: DPCT1004:1: Could not generate replacement.
        resDescInput[instance].res.pitch2D.devPtr = d_In;
        ^
D:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA\Samples\v8.0\3_Imaging\cudaMPR\test.cu:28:2: warning: DPCT1004:2: Could not generate replacement.
        resDescInput[instance].res.pitch2D.desc = channelDesc;
        ^
D:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA\Samples\v8.0\3_Imaging\cudaMPR\test.cu:29:2: warning: DPCT1004:3: Could not generate replacement.
        resDescInput[instance].res.pitch2D.height = pSize;
        ^
D:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA\Samples\v8.0\3_Imaging\cudaMPR\test.cu:30:2: warning: DPCT1004:4: Could not generate replacement.
        resDescInput[instance].res.pitch2D.width = rSize;
        ^
D:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA\Samples\v8.0\3_Imaging\cudaMPR\test.cu:31:2: warning: DPCT1004:5: Could not generate replacement.
        resDescInput[instance].res.pitch2D.pitchInBytes = pPitch;

Is there a plan for support for pitch2D array type in DPC++ or is there an alternative to texture from flat memory that doesn't require a memcpy to do pitch conversion?  I have attached a code sample.

Thanks

Ismayil

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are working on this issue and will get back to you.

Rahul

0 Kudos
Guracar__Ismayil
Beginner

Hi Rahul

If you would like to read more about the use case for pitch2D texture arrays, please see my presentation at

http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2016/presentation/s6197-ismayil-guracar-improving-high-performance-image-resizing-and-rotation.pdf

Thanks

Ismayil

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. The issue raised by you has been fixed in the latest OneAPI version 2021.2. Please download and let us know your experience with it.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Please let us know your feedback after testing the latest version.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

We are closing this thread as the issue has been resolved in the latest version.

We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos