Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

dpcpp -fsanitize=memory/address

flawkjoe
Novice

I am trying to look for loose memory allocations in my program using the built in memory sanitizers. Unfortunately the dpcpp compiler does not accept any variation of '-fsanitize=xyz' and reports it as an unknown argument. Does anyone know how to directly set these for the clang compilation units (not the sycl kernels)?

Thank you!

Joe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
flawkjoe
Novice

I appreciate the reply, however the core of my issue is the inability to pass -fsanitize=xyz into the dpcpp command line. I can easily use clang or gcc and these arguments work fine, but dpcpp does not handle or forward them to the clang compiler as it should.

I also found that valgrind fails due to unknown instructions being added by the sycl compiler, presumably. I tried compiling/using the latest valgrind from git and the error persists.

I am looking into utilizing https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-dpcpp-cpp-compiler-dev-guide-and-reference/top/compiler-reference/compiler-options/compiler-option-details/offload-openmp-and-parallel-processing-options/fsycl-host-compiler-options.html but the problem is that it does not keep my C++ arguments. I will have to play around with CMake to see if I can get a reasonably good working solution for this.

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

>>dpcpp compiler does not accept any variation of '-fsanitize=xyz' and reports it as an unknown argument. 

Regarding this, we have reported this issue to the concerned development team. They are looking into your issue. We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
flawkjoe
Novice

Any updates on this? Thank you!

Joe

0 Kudos
FantasticMrFox
Beginner

Is there an update on this? Is there any way to do memory access and address sanitization in the sycl kernels as well? 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

The fix will be available in the next oneAPI release. 

0 Kudos
baranovsky
Beginner

Hello,

Could you kindly tell us when the next release is planned?

0 Kudos