Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

dpct giving SIGSEGV during conversion

Shukla__Gagandeep

Hi,

I was converting dump_reg_shmem.cu from repo cutlass and dpct gave SIGSEGV

Output:

C:\Users\intel\Downloads\cuda code\dpct_repos\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem>dpct --cuda-include-path="C:\nvcc\include" --extra-arg="-I../../tools/util/include" --extra-arg="-I../common" --extra-arg="-I../../include" --out-root=dpct dump_reg_shmem.cu
NOTE: Could not auto-detect compilation database for file 'dump_reg_shmem.cu' in 'C:\Users\intel\Downloads\cuda code\dpct_repos\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem' or any parent directory.
Processing: C:\Users\intel\Downloads\cuda code\dpct_repos\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem\dump_reg_shmem.cu

Meet signal:SIGSEGV
Intel(R) DPC++ Compatibility Tool tries to give analysis reports and terminates...

.apis.log:

API name				Frequency

Intel(R) DPC++ Compatibility Tool tries to give analysis reports and terminates...

.diags.log:

Cuda Include Path found: C:\nvcc\include

Regards,
Gagan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Gagan,

We are also getting the same error while migrating the file(dump_reg_shmem.cu) mentioned by you. So we are escalating it to the concerned team.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

I don't see a segfault with the latest DPCT. See the following behavior:

C:\Users\amadhuso\Downloads\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem>dpct --extra-arg="-I../../tools/util/include" --extra-arg="-I../common" --extra-arg="-I../../include" --out-root=dpct dump_reg_shmem.cu

NOTE: Could not auto-detect compilation database for file 'dump_reg_shmem.cu' in 'C:\Users\amadhuso\Downloads\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem' or any parent directory.

Processing: C:\Users\amadhuso\Downloads\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem\dump_reg_shmem.cu

C:\Users\amadhuso\Downloads\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem\dump_reg_shmem.cu:173:5: warning: DPCT1001:0: The statement could not be removed.

std::cout << "Failed" << std::endl;

^

C:\Users\amadhuso\Downloads\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem\dump_reg_shmem.cu:172:3: warning: DPCT1000:1: Error handling if-stmt was detected but could not be rewritten.

if (result != cudaSuccess) {

^

C:\Users\amadhuso\Downloads\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem\dump_reg_shmem.cu:170:24: warning: DPCT1003:2: Migrated API does not return error code. (*, 0) is inserted. You may need to rewrite this code.

cudaError_t result = cudaDeviceSynchronize();

^

Processed 1 file(s) in -in-root folder "C:\Users\amadhuso\Downloads\cutlass\examples\02_dump_reg_shmem"