Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

dpct not converting a header file (properly)

Hi,

Can I convert header files using dpct if they contain cuda code? If yes then I am facing following issue:

I was trying to convert device/tensor_foreach.h from cutlass repo. There is another file with the same name in /device/kernel folder. dpct was only converting /device/kernel/tensor_foreach.h file and not /device/tensor_foreach.h file. 

Command: 

cutlass\tools\util\include\cutlass\util\reference\device>dpct --cuda-include-path="C:\nvcc\include" --extra-arg="-I../../../../../../../include/" --extra-arg="-I../../../../../../../tools/util/include" --out-root=dpct tensor_foreach.h

Finally I renamed /device/tensor_foreach.h to /device/tensor_foreach.cu and it generated tensor_foreach.dp.cpp but it did not convert any of cuda kernel calls. Look at line nos: 64, 84 & 122 in the attached file.

Regards,
Gagan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Gagan,

Kindly upgrade the oneAPI basetoolkit to the latest beta07 build if not done already and execute this command:

dpct tensor_foreach.h --extra-arg="-I../../../../../../../include/" --extra-arg="-I../../../../../../../tools/util/include" --extra-arg="-std=c++11" --keep-original-code 

Executing the above command produces migrated files in dpct_output directory and I did not observe any issues on the line numbers that you have mentioned. The CUDA kernel calls are correctly migrated to its DPC++ equivalent.

Link to download oneAPI base toolkit beta 07: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/download.html#basekit

Let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Gagan,

Could you kindly confirm if the solution provided helped?

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Intel will no longer monitor this thread. However, this thread will remain open for community discussion. If you still have any issue, feel free to post a new question.

0 Kudos