Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*
584 Discussions

dpct stuck during conversion (blender cuda file)

Shukla__Gagandeep

Hi,

I was trying to convert cuda files from blender repo and while converting kernel_split.cu dpct just got stuck and remained so for many hours.

Command:

~/Downloads/repos/dpct_repos/blender$ dpct --cuda-include-path=/usr/local/cuda/include --extra-arg="-D__CUDACC__=1" --extra-arg="-D NVCC" --extra-arg="--cuda-gpu-arch=sm_30" --extra-arg="-std=c++17" --out-root=dpct/intern/cycles/kernel/kernels/cuda/ ./intern/cycles/kernel/kernels/cuda/kernel_split.cu
Processing: /home/kuljeet/Downloads/repos/dpct_repos/blender/intern/cycles/kernel/kernels/cuda/kernel_split.cu

NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="18.04.5 LTS (Bionic Beaver)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS"
VERSION_ID="18.04"

dpct version:

Intel(R) DPC++ Compatibility Tool Version: 2021.1-beta08 codebase:(e0b12aa57579014d41e1cd86ecbaaee7de878ce8)

Regards,
Gagan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi Gagan,

I ran the same dpct command that you have given, on my environment. The migration files got generated almost spontaneously (Refer to the below screenshot). 

RahulV_intel_4-1598270396008.png

There are a few warnings/errors generated (missing headers) post migration. Kindly refer to the migrated dpcpp file.

The reason for dpct taking long time for migration could be that if you are running any heavy workload on your machine that might be consuming CPU resources. Again, I'm not really sure. That is just my guess. You may run the "top" command to check CPU usage.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Any updates on this? Are you able to migrate it?

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will close this thread from my end. Intel will no longer monitor this thread. Feel free to post a new question if you have issues.

0 Kudos