Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

macOS: dpcpp: command not found

Nathan_Cummings

After installing and sourcing the setvars.sh script, I cannot compile my dpc++ code. The dpcpp compiler doesn't seem to be installed.

Many thanks,

Nathan

8 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the output you got after sourcing the setvars script?

Also could you please tell us the type of shell you were using?

You can get that by using the command :

ps $$

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Nathan_Cummings

Hi, I am using zsh and had some difficulty running the setvars.sh script but thanks to some help here on the forums I got it to work as shown:

Nathan_Cummings_0-1618391272351.png

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Nathan,

From the output, we can observe that the compiler is initialized. Which OneAPI toolkit have you installed? For dcpp basekit should be installed.

Could you please tell us what was error you were getting while trying to use dpcpp?

What was the output of dpcpp --version?

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Nathan_Cummings

It's the base toolkit, yeah. I also installed the HPC Toolkit but I got the base one first.

The output is simply "zsh: command not found: dpcpp"

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Nathan,

We are looking into the issue and get back to you soon.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
peba
Beginner

Dear all,

I am having the same problem, so is there some solution yet?

I installed the base toolkit and the hpc toolkit

After having installed the hpc toolkit I have icc (classic compiler) but still not dpcpp. It just seems not to be installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Peter

0 Kudos
Nathan_Cummings

I received a message on 20/4 that said the following:

"

Hi Nathan

We don't support dpcpp compiler on mac OS as documented at https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-dpcpp-system-requirements.html. If you check for icc, you should see that configured correctly.

"

A disappointing response that essentially seems to say that macOS is just not supported at all. I would suggest that the documentation is not clear enough on this issue, as many of the pages in the docs don't make the point that Mac users won't get the dpcpp compiler.

If anyone from intel would like to correct me on any of that, feel free.

All the best, Nathan

peba
Beginner

Hi Nathan,

thanks a lot for that information! That is too bad, I was so happy that I had a portable way for

development. I completely agree that the documentation and website is not clear on that issue.

Unless you read the software requirements of the compiler you get the impression that everything

will work on macOS.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos