Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

oneAPI with Visual Studio 2019

BobbyS
Novice

Hello,

I have installed the oneAPI toolkit for Windows and also installed the Visual Studio integration.  When trying to run any of the sample projects (vector-add-usm), the sample builds however when the program is executed this error is received:

Running on device: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Vector size: 10000

info: internal compiler error

exited with code 1

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Could you please confirm us if your issue is resolved and whether we can close this thread from our end ?

Regards,

Vidya.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> trying to run any of the sample projects (vector-add-usm)

We tried the same vector-add-usm code (from oneAPI samples) from our end which worked fine and the results are as follows.

Running on device: Intel(R) Graphics [0x3ea0]

Vector size: 10000

[0]: 0 + 0 = 0

[1]: 1 + 1 = 2

[2]: 2 + 2 = 4

[9999]: 9999 + 9999 = 19998

Vector add successfully completed on device. 

C:\Users\vbaddex\source\repos\Base_Vector_Add1\x64\Debug\vector-add-usm.exe (process 19772) exited with code 0.

Our environment details:

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019

Version 16.9.0

OneAPI 2021.3.0

Please note that if you are using Visual Studio 2019, samples will only work with version 16.4.0 and later.

Could you please provide us the environment details (oneAPI toolkit version and VS-19 version) on which you are working ?

Please find the below link for more details which tells about compatibility of VS with oneAPI

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

For proper integration with oneAPI, We should install the Visual studio first and then oneAPI toolkits,

if Visual Studio is installed after a oneAPI Toolkit, integration will not be done properly resulting in the toolkit plug-ins being absent.

For more details you can refer the below link:

Executing samples from oneAPI 

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-windows/top/run-a-sample-project-using-an-ide.html

Troubleshooting

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-windows/top/troubleshooting.html

Hope the provided information might help you and do let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Vidya. 

0 Kudos
BobbyS
Novice

Vidya,

I installed oneAPI with the w_BaseKit_p_2021.3.0.3221.exe installer.

I have Visual Studio 16.10.4

I did have Visual Studio installed prior to installing the oneAPI SDK.

I have two graphics cards installed:
Intel UHD Graphics (on CPU)
NVIDIA GeForce MX250

I have Intel Media SDK software that runs fine on my machine.  We are actually looking into upgrading this code.

Thanks,
Bobby

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for providing the details.

The VS version 16.10.4 which you are using is not compatible with oneAPI 2021.3.0

Please find the list of supported versions in the below link

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

We suggest you to try with the VS supported version and let us know if the issue persists, if not could you please confirm whether we can close this thread from our end.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
yjq
Beginner

Hi, Vidya, 

I had the same problem and searched to find the issue. Reinstalled Visual Studio 2019 version 16.7.18, but still reporting the error, do you have any suggestions?

yjq_2-1629789222298.png

Before the error happened, Rebuild was successful.

yjq_1-1629789146036.png

My CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz;

And my GPU is 

yjq_0-1629789044901.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel
Hi Bobby,

As you had marked our response as a solution, we had closed this thread. Could you please post your question as a new thread as this thread will be no longer monitored by Intel.

Regards,
Vidya.
0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Reminder:

Could you please confirm us if your issue is resolved and whether we can close this thread from our end ?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos