Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

undefined symbol: @tid.addr , @bid.addr

MSasai
Beginner

I used Intel Compiler2013.  Now I ported source files to compile by OneAPI.  Now Linker makes error.   Compiling in VisualStudio 2019 , Windows 10. 

1>lld-link: : error : undefined symbol: @tid.addr

1>lld-link: : error : undefined symbol: @bid.addr

By optimization, OpenMP ON. 

How should I do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Please give us more details on your issue like your environment details, Intel oneAPI compiler version, error logs, etc. which will help us to get more insight into your problem. If are doing OpenMP offload then please verify if you have installed the latest OpenCL and Level Zero drivers on your system.

Also please send us a small reproducer, to get the exact cause of your issue.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
MSasai
Beginner

I tried more.  I made static lib file and linked it to exe(or DLL) file.

I tried small sample with small static lib file.  Then it was OK. 

My application has many CPP files and each source file has different optimization options. 

Most of compilation, I found that all of source file in static lib must have same optimized options , and same options in Linked destination exe(dll) file. Then compilation(Link) usually makes successful.  But I want to set different options in each file , because of debug and executable speed. 

I did it in IntelCompiler 2013 version. I wish you to improve it.  

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Please give us more information related to your issue, like what are all the optimization options you are using, the process of linking all the files, and all the required details so that we will get more insight into your issue.

Also please let us know if you are using offload with OpenMP or running your use-case only on CPU.

Please give us all the mentioned details with the small reproducer to get the complete idea of your issue, will try to reproduce and solve it based on your use-case.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Please give us an update on the provided details.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

As we haven't heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved.

We will no longer monitor this thread. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos