Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2153 Discussions

A Weird Problem about libmpigi

ZQiang
Beginner

I'm compling a project based on PETSc and SLEPc. When I use command

mpiicc -mkl=parallel -o $@ $< -Wl,-rpath,${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 -L${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 (and a lot of other libs) -lmpi -lmpigi

I got a error msg

ld: cannot find -lmpigi

And then I found a similar question on board, it was said that libmpigi no longer existed, and it was included in libmpi.a. However, if I remove option -lmpigi, another problem came to me

ld: warning: libfabric.so.1, needed by /home/forzzig/intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/lib/release_mt/libmpi.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
../lib/libgcge_slepc-3.0.a(gcge_app_slepc.o): In function `SLEPC_LinearSolverCreate':
/home/forzzig/GCGE-1.0-master/app/slepc/gcge_app_slepc.c:52: undefined reference to `PCHYPRESetType'
/home/forzzig/intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/lib/release_mt/libmpi.so: undefined reference to `fi_tostr@FABRIC_1.0'
/home/forzzig/intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/lib/release_mt/libmpi.so: undefined reference to `fi_dupinfo@FABRIC_1.1'
/home/forzzig/intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/lib/release_mt/libmpi.so: undefined reference to `fi_strerror@FABRIC_1.0'
/home/forzzig/intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/lib/release_mt/libmpi.so: undefined reference to `fi_freeinfo@FABRIC_1.1'
/home/forzzig/intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/lib/release_mt/libmpi.so: undefined reference to `fi_fabric@FABRIC_1.1'
/home/forzzig/intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/lib/release_mt/libmpi.so: undefined reference to `fi_getinfo@FABRIC_1.1'

How should I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please provide us the version of Intel MPI you have been using?

Could you also provide the sample reproducer code to investigate more on your issue?

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please provide us the version of Intel MPI you have been using?

Could you also provide the sample reproducer code to investigate more on your issue?

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ZQiang
Beginner

I've solved this problem by adding ${MPIROOT}/libfabric/lib to the lib path.

And PCHYPRESetType is another problem caused by the package I used, not about intel mpi.

Thanks all the same!

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

We are glad that your issue has been resolved. We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos