Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2158 Discussions

Binary Instrumentation - ITCPIN and OpenMPI

Nitin_G
Beginner

Hi,

I am getting following error message while I am trying to do binary instrumentation using itcpin.

Error : E:Function RTN_FindByName called without holding lock. Call PIN_LockClient()/PIN_UnlockClient()

Command used :  mpirun -np 12 itcpin --verbose on --run --profile on --mpi /usr/lib64/openmpi/1.4-gcc/lib/libmpi.so --insert libVT <exe>

Regards,

Nitin G.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi Nitin,

The Intel® Trace Collector is very likely not compatible with OpenMPI.  If you want to check compatibility, you can compile the provided file examples/mpiconstants.c with OpenMPI and compare the values with those provided in the Intel® Trace Collector Reference Guide, Chapter 1.2.  If any values do not match, then the two are incompatible.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
Nitin_G
Beginner

Hi James,

I already checked the compatibility and the values from mpicontastans.c results completely differ with ITAC Reference guide Chapter 1.2.

Problem is I dont have the source code and the binaries are already compiled with openmpi. Is there any other way?

Regards,

Nitin Gavhane

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Nitin,

Not using the Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector.  I would recommend contacting the vendor of the program you are trying to instrument and ask them to either provide the source code or recompile it using the Intel® MPI Library or MPICH instead of OpenMPI.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos