Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Can Cluster Runtimes & Checker support RHEL 6.2?

Ct_Sun
Beginner
Hi all,
I tried to install Cluster Runtimes on RHEL(Red Hat Enterprise Linux) 6.2 platforms, but system reported error "Failed file dependences". Does Cluster Runtimes support RHEL 6.2?
The version of Cluster Runtimes : 3.2-1, Cluster Checker : 1.8
Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I haven't seen any problem installing current Intel64 compilers on RHEL6.2, when the prerequisites have been installed first. The main prerequisite is the full g++ development system, but you can read about it in the install notes. For the ia32 version of Intel compilers on x86_64, you also need the 32-bit g++ development system, which may not be clear how to install, but you didn't say anything about difficulty at that step.
Red Hat isn't like Ubuntu; you would break your g++ installation by over-writing the (32-bit) libstdc++.so with the 64-bit one.
The 32-bit development glibc should be available on your installation media even if the full 32-bit g++ is not present. If you have installed both 32- and 64-bit glibc-devel, you can install the 32- and 64-bit g++ from a Red Hat or CentOS mirror. If you don't want to install 32-bit g++, you'll need to skip the Intel ia32 components and stick with 64-bit mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ct_Sun
Beginner
Sorry, maybe my description is not so clear, report again...
This is the error message that system reports while I am installing Cluster_Runtime:
Installing "Intel Composer XE 2011 Update 4 for Linux*"
error: Failed dependencies:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 is needed by intel-openmp-191-12.0-4.i486
ERROR: Could not install package ./rpm/intel-openmp-191-12.0-4.i486.rpm
Even I copy the file /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 to/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6, the error message still appears. I check the README of Cluster-Runtime package, it states that Cluster_Runtime 3.2 just supports RHEL 4 or 5.Does Intel have new version of Cluster_Runtime package for supporting RHEL 6? or how can I resolve the file dependency problem?
Can anyone give me some advices?
Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I haven't seen any problem installing current Intel64 compilers on RHEL6.2, when the prerequisites have been installed first. The main prerequisite is the full g++ development system, but you can read about it in the install notes. For the ia32 version of Intel compilers on x86_64, you also need the 32-bit g++ development system, which may not be clear how to install, but you didn't say anything about difficulty at that step.
Red Hat isn't like Ubuntu; you would break your g++ installation by over-writing the (32-bit) libstdc++.so with the 64-bit one.
The 32-bit development glibc should be available on your installation media even if the full 32-bit g++ is not present. If you have installed both 32- and 64-bit glibc-devel, you can install the 32- and 64-bit g++ from a Red Hat or CentOS mirror. If you don't want to install 32-bit g++, you'll need to skip the Intel ia32 components and stick with 64-bit mode.
0 Kudos