Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Can Intel HPC Toolkit be installed in other directories?

mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want to install the toolkit in cluster shared directory instead of  '/opt/intel/oneapi' . But  I have found everywhere when install the toolkit and  cannot find the options about it.

Please let me know if this can be realized. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry for the delay in reply.

It is very much possible to install the toolkits in different directories. You can also install base-toolkit in one directory and hpc-toolkit in different directories. Try running the below command to install from the installer script.

$ sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh -a --cli

After running the above command select install and configure option, select components you want to install, and then it will ask you for the path where you want to install it. Give the path where you want to install and it will get install in that mentioned location.

Note, if you get any message like directory is locked then, you need to remove the packagemanager.db from /var/intel/installercache before running the installer.

Note, installing in different directories will cause a problem at a time of uninstallation, you may have to uninstall it manually.

For more details please refer to the link.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/install-packages-or-components-to-different-directories.html

Hope the provided details will help you to solve your problem. Do let us know if you get any problems while installing.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Hmmmm....

Due to a long period of non response, I came to the conclusion that it was impossible to realize.

This thread can be closed.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry for the delay in reply.

It is very much possible to install the toolkits in different directories. You can also install base-toolkit in one directory and hpc-toolkit in different directories. Try running the below command to install from the installer script.

$ sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh -a --cli

After running the above command select install and configure option, select components you want to install, and then it will ask you for the path where you want to install it. Give the path where you want to install and it will get install in that mentioned location.

Note, if you get any message like directory is locked then, you need to remove the packagemanager.db from /var/intel/installercache before running the installer.

Note, installing in different directories will cause a problem at a time of uninstallation, you may have to uninstall it manually.

For more details please refer to the link.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/install-packages-or-components-to-different-directories.html

Hope the provided details will help you to solve your problem. Do let us know if you get any problems while installing.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot.

I can install the toolkit in other directories successfully.

I have no more questions about it.

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. As your issue is resolved we will no longer monitor this thread.

Please post a new thread if you have any issues.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos