Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2158 Discussions

Can't install Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update1 on CentOS 6.6

Satoshi_Ohshima
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to install (upgrading) Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update1. However, the installer causes segmentation fault. Do you know any solutions?

Target system has Xeon E5-2697 v2 and CentOS 6.6 is installed. Parallel Studio XE 2015 (Initial Release) is already installed without any errors.

Following text is all output string of "./install.sh". The line 582 contains only "fi".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initializing, please wait...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
./install.sh: line 582:  5226 Segmentation fault      "$pset_engine_cli_binary" --TEMP_FOLDER="$temp_folder" --PSET_PWD="$runningdir" $params $@

kind regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Dmitry_S_Intel

Hi,

Please submit the ticket against this issue at https://premier.intel.com

Thank you.

Dmitry

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

As work around if on line installation failed try full off line package.

0 Kudos
Satoshi_Ohshima
Beginner

Thank you for your comments. I tried to use both off-line installer and on-line installer, but same errors are happened.

Then, I tried to submit the issue at premier support page, but I couldn't find parallel studio xe 2015 update1 on "Select a Product" (and "Browse Products"). I have no idea to submit my issue.

Umm......

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If it's a seg fault, I wonder if it's an issue with the shell.  Are you using BASH or CSH?  What does /bin/sh point to?  Does that exist?

Another thing we can try is if the package was corrupted during download.  Here's the md5sum for the file:

$ md5sum parallel_studio_xe_2015_update1.tgz
542b78c86beff9d7b01076a7be9c6ddc  parallel_studio_xe_2015_update1.tgz

By the way, the name of the product on the Intel Premier Support site is "Intel Cluster Studio XE" - just search for that.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
Satoshi_Ohshima
Beginner

Thank you for kind advice.

I tried both "./install.sh", "sh ./install.sh", and "/bin/sh ./install.sh", but all commands say same Segmentation fault. There are no problem about md5sum.

Moreover, "Search" button of Premier Support with "Intel Cluster Studio XE" keyword doesn't show any product names. What am I doing wrong? (Is my Intel Cluster Studio XE connected to my account?)

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Satoshi,

Did you get information to perform the installation?

I am running into this issue with parallel_studio_xe_2015_update1.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If upgrade doesn't remove previous vtune it should be removed preferably by its uninstall before trying over.
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Thanks Tim, you're a prince.

I had 2013 and 2015 Beta installations. After uninstalling VTune from both the 2015 Update 1 installed.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos