Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Can you point me at what particular tcp/udp ports hydra and smpd services use to communicate over the network ?

ArthurRatz
Novice

Dear Collegues,

Can you point me at what particular tcp/udp ports hydra and smpd services use to communicate over the network ? I tried to make an exception for mpiexec utility and hydra service in windows firewall but it still doesn't work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Arthur.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ArthurRatz
Novice

I've already found a solution of this problem. The main reason why hydra and smpd services failed to communicate over the network is that I should have add an exception also to my router firewall not just windows firewall.

0 Kudos
ArthurRatz
Novice

Normally smpd and hydra services use multiple ports to communicate over the network. To provide a network communication you have to add an exception to firewall rules on each node (hosts) in your computation cluster.

0 Kudos
ArthurRatz
Novice

Also, to provide a connection to your computational cluster from the Internet you have to setup NAT translation on your router.

0 Kudos
ArthurRatz
Novice

Also if all above doesn't work for you it's recommended to setup a particular IPsec rules to avoid conflicts with your cluster network security

0 Kudos
ArthurRatz
Novice

Also note that you have to provide those settings to either smpd and hydra services or mpiexec utility itself

0 Kudos
ArthurRatz
Novice

Also use hydra service rather than smpd because it provides more new features as well as improved performance.

0 Kudos