Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

Does the Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector support HPMPI on Windows?

dwifcc
Beginner

I hope this is not too naive a question, but does the Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector support HPMPI on Windows?

My application is using HP-MPI 2.0 on Windows. I have added VT.lib (before the mpi libraries)to the linker libraries and get the following errors when linking the executable:

1>VT.lib(VT_fortran_consts_f.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_MPIPRIV2 referenced in function VTTELLCONSTS

1>VT.lib(VT_fortran_consts_f.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_MPIPRIV1 referenced in function VTTELLCONSTS

1>x64\\Debug_x64_hpmpi/aslav.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Darren.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting dwifcc

I hope this is not too naive a question, but does the Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector support HPMPI on Windows?

Hi Darren,

The Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector does not support HP-MPI. If you're interested in what it does support, you can view the full list here.

I guess I would suggest using the Intel MPI Library instead, although that's certainly my bias for the Intel tools talking :) You can download a free eval at www.intel.com/go/mpi.

Also, if HP-MPI offers MPICH-compatibility mode, you can try that as well. But please note that comes with no guarantees.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos